The main advantage of vegetable ragout is that it can be prepared very quickly and almost any vegetable will come handy: tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchini, eggplant, cabbage, celery, carrots, onion, turnips … Vegetable ragout recipe is a huge opportunity for culinary creativity: you can safely experiment with the amount of ingredients and their proportions. You can select one main vegetable and add the rest only to set off the taste of the main ingredient. Or you can use all the vegetables in the ragout “on equal terms” . It all depends on your taste preferences.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- eggplant, 1 large or 2 small, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced
- 1 green zucchini, diced
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. On a medium low saute onion and carrots until soft (about 5 min).
- Add eggplant and saute for another 5 min.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, saute for about 10 min stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add water, bay leafs and peppercorns. Cover and simmer on medium low for 30 min.
- Add salt at the end. Stir and enjoy.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables