Diced Chicken with Eggplant has an ultimate balance of sweet and spicy that is sure to satisfy any cravings. Serve with sautéed bok choy, and enjoy as a quick paleo chicken dinner or a left over lunch any day of the week.
Sweet & Spicy Paleo Chicken Stirfry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 eggplant, about 1 lb
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Trim the ends off the eggplant and using a vegetable peeler, create stripes by removing strips of skin, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. Chop into ½-inch (1-cm) cubes.
- Dice chicken into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces and season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Heat 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger to pan and sauté until just turning colour, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve.
- Add remaining oil, eggplant, red pepper, onion, coconut sugar, chili flakes, cinnamon, cocoa powder and cayenne to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until onions start to brown. Stir continuously to prevent spices from burning.
- Stir in vinegar. Sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the mixture is thick, dark and glossy. The flavours should melt into each other. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, pepper and more balsamic vinegar if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables