Hearty and wholesome, sweet potato hash is a great breakfast solution for those slow Sunday mornings. Experiment with different kind of sausage or spicy sauce and give this recipe your own touch. Great savory breakfast dish that is full of nutrients to last you till lunch and beyond.
Sweet Potato Hash
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 2 chicken or turkey spicy Italian sausages, uncooked
- 4 slices of bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 1 big portobello mushroom, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- hot sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat, until half cooked. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato. Mix together and saute for 5 minutes. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, brown sausage in a separate small skillet.
- Combine sausage and sweet potato mixture. Add in the mushroom and along with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover again and let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the hash is somewhat crispy and browned (not burned) make four deepenings using a spoon to press into the hash mixture. Crack an egg into each spot, then add about a tablespoon of water to the pan, cover and steam the eggs for about 5 minutes or until cooked to preference.
- Top with hot sauce and serve.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables