This one was a total experiment but, boy, was this a successful one! This paleo cream pie doesn’t require any baking and is full of raw paleo goodness. The taste is creamy and smooth and very multi-dimensional. The crust can be made with a food processor for a more refined texture, but I preferred the rawness of handmade this time. Mmmm…yummy goodness…
Raw Carrot Coconut Cream Pie
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup raisins or pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts, small pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Soak cashews in cold water with a tbsp on salt for at least 2-3 hours. Drain and let dry.
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients until you reach the desired texture and the ingredients stick together when pressed down. You can use a food processor if smoother texture is desired. Using a spring form pan or a suitable alternative, evenly press crust into bottom of pan firmly.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients for filling into a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Place the pie in the freezer for a few hours to set, then once it is set you can keep it in the fridge.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables