Halibut wrapped in prosciutto and served with sage butter sauce is a simple dish made look and taste sophisticated. Meaty texture of halibut combined with richness of prosciutto will leave you satisfied but at a fraction of carbs of an alternative filling meal. Serve with light salad for a balanced, healthy, low calorie meal.
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 skinless halibut fillets, about 1" thick
- 2 lemons
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- fresh medium sage leaves, about 15
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slicing crosswise, cut lemons into eight 1/4-inch rounds. Squeeze the juice from the remainder of the lemon (about 4 tsp.) into a small bowl and set aside.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Place the lemon rounds in pairs onto the baking sheet.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Place two sage leaves on top of each fillet and then wrap each fillet with prosciutto leaving the fish exposed at either end. Place one wrapped fillet on top of each pair of lemon slices.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- While the fish is baking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the remaining sage leaves and cook, turning once, until the leaves are crisp, about 7 minutes. Add the 4 tsp. lemon juice to the butter and season with salt.
- Spoon some of the sauce and a few sage leaves over each fillet and serve. Bon appetite!
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables