Peppercorn Crusted Tuna is a delicate dish in which the depth of flavour of the peppercorns contrasts beautifully with the tuna. This is a tuna version of pepper steak. Serve on a plate of Daikon Radish Stirfry for a perfect blending of bold and delicate flavours.
Peppercorn Crusted Tuna
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- PEPPERCORN CRUSTED TUNA:
- Four 8 ounce tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rub 2 tbsp olive oil onto tuna steaks all over and coat top with peppercorns and salt.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna peppercorn-side up. Fry for 2 minutes, flip and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Remove tuna from pan and transfer onto serving plates. The fish should be rare. If you like it more cooked, fry another 2 minutes.
- Add red wine to skillet over high heat and reduce until 2 tbsp remain. Add balsamic vinegar and stock and reduce until 1/2 cup remains. Add coconut milk and boil just until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce around tuna.
- Serve with daikon radish stirfry or any vegetable stirfry of your choice.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables