I went through many gluten free pie crust recipes and this one is my favourite for it is simple, made with just a few ingredients and gives a good crust consistency. Use for any baked pies, tarts or cakes. Try it and let me know if you liked it.
Paleo Pie Crust
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9" pie
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 ¼ cups raw walnut or pecan halves
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grind nuts in a food processor or blender until finely ground and starting to clump together.
- Add almond flour, egg and salt and keep blending in the food processor or mix all the ingredients by hand.
- Press dough into a 9” baking dish. Pierce the crust with a fork every ¼” or so to stop the shell from bubbling up while it bakes.
- Bake until starting to turn golden brown, about 25 min.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before pouring the custard in.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables