You would never guess that this paleo lasagna is made without noodles. Eggplant and cheese do a great job faking the taste of pasta noodles from the original Italian recipe. Hearty and chunky, it will satisfy your lasagna cravings without any guilt trip to follow.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 x 10" dish
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 1/2 pounds quality ground beef
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- 500 ml tomato sauce (I used Private Stock brand all natural, sugar and preservatives free pasta sauce)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, sprinkle with 1 Tsp olive oil.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. In a separate dish mix almond flour and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, add salt and pepper.
- Cut eggplant into 1/4" slices. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture. Press slices into the flour mixture and tap off excess. Arrange slices on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake eggplant slices in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Flip eggplant and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F.
- While eggplant is in the oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Season beef with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook and stir until beef is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and tomato puree into ground beef. Bring to a simmer and set sauce aside.
- Oil a 8 x 10" baking dish with olive oil. Place 1/3 of the eggplant slices on bottom of the dish.
- Pour 1/3 of ground beef tomato sauce on top of eggplant layer.
- In a bowl mix 90% of Mozzarella with Ricotta cheese.
- Add cheese mixture as an even layer on top of ground beef.
- Repeat 2 more times, finishing with left over mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with extra Parmesan sprinkled on top.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables