Meat à la Francaise is a casserole style dish that is traditionally made with potatoes. This primal recipe substitutes potatoes with sweet potato and perfectly blends flavors and textures of meat (can be pork, chicken or turkey) and vegetables. Make sure to use only the best quality ingredients and I guarantee this recipe is going to become your new favorite.
Meat à la Francaise
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 pounds of organic pork, veal, chicken or turkey scallopini
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 cup of natural mayo (homemade is the best)
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil sweet potato until it softens enough for a knife to go through easily but not too much that it would fall apart if cut through. Let cool down.
- Salt and pepper scallopini to taste. Slice sweet potato into 1/4" thick slices.
- Use olive oil to grease a 9 x 13-inch rectangular casserole pan or baking sheet.
- Layer ingredients in the following order: meat goes at the bottom, followed by onion rings (spread out evenly over the meat) and sweet potato. Put Sliced tomatoes at the top. Cover with mayonnaise. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 min. Broil on low for another 15 min or until the top becomes golden and slightly crispy. If your oven doesn't come with a broil function, then bake on the top rack for additional time.
- Let the dish settle in the turned off oven for another 10-15 min. Serve hot.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables