These flourless cashew butter cupcakes were a result of a disaster of a paleo cookie recipe going completely wrong. I am still not sure what to think of the original recipe and where it went wrong, but I was not a tiny bit upset – the cupcakes I ended up with made a great paleo dessert discovery.
Flourless Cashew Butter Cupcakes
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar free cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- CASHEW BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp raw honey, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, mix all cupcake ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins and bake for 10 -15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl prepare the cashew butter frosting by blending together frosting ingredients until well combined. Place the frosting in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes and frosting settle, apply frosting on top of cupcakes using a baker bag with a tip of your choice or a small spatula.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Enjoy!
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables