Date & Gorgonzola-Stuffed Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
Sweet and salty flavours perk up the taste and texture of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Use the soft and supple Medjool dates for a rich taste to the stuffing. Slice up any leftovers and serve cold with flatbreads for lunch the next day. With or without the mixed greens this Date & Gorgonzola-Stuffed Chicken is moist and tasty. If you find it difficult to make a pocket in the chicken breast, simply butterfly the chicken breast and open it like a book, then stuff it, fold over and wrap with bacon as in recipe. Be sure to look for similar size chicken breasts so they cook evenly in the oven.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 125 g Gorgonzola cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- mixed greens
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp red or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together dates, Gorgonzola, nuts and pepper until well combined.
- Using a knife, cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast and slide knife into chicken to make a deep pocket without cutting through to the other side. Fill each chicken breast with date mixture. Wrap each chicken breast with two bacon strips to cover.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken breasts well on both sides, about 10 min. Place in an oven proof pan and roast in oven for about 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove to cutting board. Slice in half (or in medallions) on the diagonal.
- Toss greens with oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 plates and top with chicken to serve.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables