Coconut Lime Mousse with fresh berries is a simple paleo dessert that can be made in minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Freshness of lime blends very well with coconut creating light creamy delight perfect for hot summer days. Mascarpone cheese used in this recipe is traditional Italian triple cream cow milk cheese with high fat content. Although like all cheeses, it is not considered strictly paleo, organic mascarpone cheese is a whole food that is an excellent choice in paleo dessert recipes for those who tolerate dairy well.
Coconut Lime Mousse
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1/2 cup organic Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 lime
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp raw honey, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Place coconut in a frying pan, set over medium-low heat. Watch very carefully and stir frequently, until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn into a bowl to cool completely. Finely grate peel from 1/2 lime. In a separate bowl, squeeze out the lime to make about 1/4 cup lime juice.
- Prepare coconut whipped cream by using solid part of the chilled coconut milk (preferably refrigerated overnight). Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip for 3 to 5 minutes, until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone with honey until very smooth and creamy. Beat in lime juice (reserve about 2 tsps for berry mixture). Stir one third of whipped coconut cream into mascarpone mixture. Fold in remaining cream. Fold in toasted coconut and lime peel.
- Spoon into parfait or wine glasses. Mixture will keep well refrigerated up to 1 day.
- Place berries in a separate bowl, add a squeeze of lime juice and coconut sugar. Stir. After about 10 minutes, berry juices will start to release. Spoon over mousse. Sprinkle with remaining coconut and garnish with additional lime peel if you wish.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables