Chicken with Leeks and Sweet Potatoes is all-in-one main course with the chicken baking on top of the vegetables. Chicken comes out very juicy and the flavours of leeks and sweet potatoes compliment it well. Overall, this recipe results in a hearty paleo dinner that is great for everyday as much as for special dinner occasions.
Chicken with Leeks & Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, sliced
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, thyme, mustard, lemon rind and paprika. Reserve 1 tbsp of mixture, and brush the rest over chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook a few minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet and toss in sweet potatoes. Saute for 2 minute, add leeks and saute for 5 minutes. Add stock, reserved mustard mixture and balsamic vinegar and bring to boil. Reduce heat, return chicken breasts and place over vegetables. Cover skillet.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Slice chicken breasts and serve over vegetables. Drizzle over pan liquid.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables