Toasted cashews provide the amazing texture and flavour for this simple, creamy curry sauce. Substitute large peeled shrimp for the chicken – it’s delicious too.
Cashew Chicken Curry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh peeled ginger root
- 1 Tbsp mild or hot curry paste (check the ingredients for no added sugar and preservatives)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor, blend cashews until finely chopped. Add yogurt, cilantro, ginger root, curry paste, coconut sugar, salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- Cut In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken thigh pieces, about 4 minutes per side. Scrape all of the sauce over the chicken with water. Stir until blended, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let sit, covered for 10 minutes. Serve over spaghetti squash and garnish with chopped roasted cashews and cilantro.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables