Courtesy of my good friend Daniela, Baked Sweet Potato Salad with vanilla maple vinaigrette comes with a touch of sophistication. Very dressy and elegant, this salad is great for special occasion meals.
Baked Sweet Potato Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 slices double smoked bacon
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup your choice of nuts, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half and seeded, seeds reserved
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven or grill to 450F
- Roast sweet potatoes for 45 to 60 minutes, or longer depending on size, until just cooked and tender but not mushy when pierced with a wooden skewer. Let cool slightly to handle, peel, and cut into bite-size pieces, 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Cool completely.
- Grill or bake bacon slices until crispy. Dice in 1/2 to 3/4 inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, bacon, red pepper, celery, green onions, nuts, parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Toss well as set aside.
- Place vanilla bean and seeds in a bowl with the hot water. Let sit 10-20 minutes.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, vinegar, shallot, and mustard. While continually whisking, drizzle in the olive oil to form an emulsion. Whisk in the vanilla mixture.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the sweet potato salad and mix well to coat. Serve immediately.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables