Argentinian Short Ribs
- Difficulty Level Moderate
This is a superb, full-flavoured stew for entertaining in the fall and winter. Make ahead of time (up to 4 days) and skim off the fat before reheating. Reheat on stovetop, covered for 15 minutes or until meat is hot. Serve with Criolla salad and baked sweet potatoes.
- 4 racks short ribs
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 3-inch strip orange peel
- olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Combine garlic, mustard powder, jalapeño, red wine, red wine vinegar, paprika, marjoram, thyme and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Arrange short ribs flat in a large dish so they are in 1 layer. Pour marinade over ribs.
- Marinate for 12 hours or overnight in a refrigerator, turning racks once. Pat ribs dry and reserve any marinade.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet or Dutch oven over high heat. Working in batches brown meat well on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Reserve.
- If you have any meat juices left, combine with the reserved marinade. Add more olive oil in the skillet, add onion and peppers and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beef stock and reserved marinade. Bring to boil.
- Add short ribs and orange peel (or place all ingredients in an ovenproof casserole). Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bake 2 to 2½ hours or until ribs are fork tender. Remove short ribs to a baking sheet.
- Increase oven heat to 400F.
- Skim any fat from sauce. Place over medium heat and reduce until very flavourful and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes longer.
- Bake short ribs for 15 minutes. Cut into sections and return to sauce.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On PinterestPaleontastic
21 day sugar detox almond flour avocado banana banana pancakes beef butternut squash cabbage carrot cauliflower cauliflower rice caulliflower puree cheese cheese cake chicken coconut oil cookies cottage cheese fennel pollen ginger gluten free gluten free tortillas ground beef ice cream Indian mexican paleo dessert paleo muffins paleo pancakes paleo pizza paleo snacks pancakes peppers pie crust pizza pork primal cupcakes primal recipes pumpkin salad shrimp soup sweet potato tomato sauce vegetables